Modelling

Russian infantry

Posted by Bendy_Straw on 04 Mar 2021, 12:50

Hello guys. So I have finished painting the Russian Guard artillery, and I am now working on infantry. I have a Zvezda set of Russian grenadiers, and I have split them in line infantry by cutting of the long plumes, keeping some grenadiers, and a few will be painted as jagers. My problem is I can't find the colours for the pompoms of the line infantry and jagers. Specifically my infantry will be split between the 27th division, the part that Raievski sent to reinforce the flèches, the combined grenadiers, the 2nd grenadiers, and the jagers in front of the formation and the woods nearby. So if anyone has any info regarding on how should I paint the pompoms for each of these units it would be greatly appreciated. Additional note: I made the mistake of cutting of too many plumes, so now I have to paint some grenadiers with short pompoms. I have seen depictions of grenadiers without their long plumes in Borodino, so should I paint the long plumes as the 2nd grenadiers, and the short as the combined grenadiers, or vice versa? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance. I will be posting pics of my work when it's done, which should take some months at least.
Bendy_Straw  Greece

Posted by Sho on 04 Mar 2021, 14:45

Regiments had two battalions on field.
1st battalion - white pompom with dark green dot in centre.
3rd battalion - dark green pompom with white dot in centre.
2nd battalion was depot battalion and was not present.
Difference between regiments shows the colour of shoulder straps.
Blue or yellow for Jaegers and red, white, yellow or green for Musketeers.
Sho  Estonia

Posted by Bendy_Straw on 04 Mar 2021, 15:20

Thank you, this is very helpful.
Bendy_Straw  Greece

Return to Modelling