Questions

Do you still do gormless things?

Posted by Harry Faversham on 24 Nov 2021, 18:31

Many of us on here have several centuries of experience at building and painting our toys.
Today I superglued a part to a model and walked away. 50 years of accumulated knowledge telling me to park the model up till tomorrow. Half an hour later I undercoated it. Resulting in a good brush petrified into stone, and a great blob of paint and superglue on the model. After the blob set, as removal surgery commenced, the original part got broken off in the mayhem. The model's ruined.
I'm sat scratching mi' melon thinking... 'that was a daft thing to do'.

:oops:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Xantippos on 28 Nov 2021, 14:58

Sometimes one rushes even knowing the possible consequences :lol: . Or one is tired and doesn't think properly... my last modelling error was applying decals to an aircraft without applying decal softener before, and without varnish later. A perfect "frosting effect" appeared :lol: . Which I don't have the faintest idea how to eliminate. But anyway, the chances of that frosting appearing was just about 10 %, but I knew it could happen, or the decal could become brittle, or fly away, etc. But I went ahead anyway.

One has to think of the many times one tries to pull of something and goes well ;) .

If one had to do every kit by the book, with all proper steps, I would not have even a quarter of what I have now built.
Xantippos  

Return to Questions